Safe Investment Options In India: There are many investment options in India but you will have to find out which are safer for you and which contains risk factor. The ones that have risk factors mostly give you higher returns but if you do not want any risk factors than you need to check out the different Safe Investment options. Then you can choose for yourself which options you are going to invest in.
The few safe investment options are:
- Fixed Deposit in Banks: The fixed deposit of the FD is an investment that will earn 8.5% of annual return sitting safely in your account. The banks will give you the details of the rate and the period of investment also takes care of the amount that you will get after the term. The special interest for senior citizens is also another safe option of getting a good return.
- Mutual Funds: This is a collective investment and people deposit their money in a fund and get different stocks, cash investment and bonds for getting a good return after a period of time. Someone more knowledgeable manages the profit margin and invests the money in other available securities.
- National Savings Certificate: The NSC has a fixed rate of interest for you and they are issued by the Postal Department, through the Government of India. These are risk free and secure investments available in post offices. It gives a return of 8% per year and has an option of tax benefit too.
- The post office MIS: The Monthly Income Scheme or the MIS provides a regular amount to the person investing in the scheme. The 8% per year rate of interest is safe and secure and paid on each month. The maximum limit is 4.5 lakhs and the period of maturing is 6 years. You can encase it just after one year at a discount of 2% and after a period of 3 years with discount of 1%.
- Public Provident fund: The Public Provident Fund or PPF is also backed by Government and is a small saving option for a long term. The endeavour started to provide an income that is secure for the sector that is unorganized and has got no provident fund option.
There are different other investments like the investment of share trading and investment in real estate but if you are not very comfortable with those risky investments, you can always invest your amount in safer ones. You can find out how much of the investments should be in the safe zone and earn the lower rates of interest and then you can put a portion of your capital for investing in the higher gain but risky investments. If you look at it, money invested has some risk but the safer ones are comparatively better. The real rate of return for the safe investment and the political implications and the tax implications are a few risks that you will have to take care of at all time. You can try to purchase a few shares with calculated and study market condition. Then you will not lose the money but will be able to get a return on the amount with more profit than the return from safer investments.